The text offers a succinct overview of the most important aspects of pharmacology, focusing on the most important concepts, therapeutic approaches, and available drugs. Whenever possible, it emphasizes practical applications of the material. Extensive illustrationsmany in full colorenhance readers' understanding; and self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter, with answers and rationales, reinforce mastery of the information.
The smart way to study! Elsevier titles with STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
- Covers the most important aspects of pharmacology in a consistent, user-friendly format.
- Works both as a textbook and as a resource for clinical review.
- Features end-of-chapter self-assessment questions, with answers and full explanations provided at the end of the book.
- Features a new organization that is easier to use, as well as a new full-color design.
- Presents a new chapter on emerging topics in pharmacology.
- Offers an accompanying website that allows users to download all of the images from the text.
- Includes 100 brand-new illustrations.