ASM News called the 4th Edition of Dr. Murray's best-selling book "the most colorful and fun text to read in medical microbiology." Now it's back in an updated New Edition?and it's as succinct, user-friendly, and authoritative as ever. Readers will continue to enjoy its lucid discussions of how microbes cause disease in humans. Expert coverage of basic principles, the immune response, laboratory diagnosis, bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology ensures they understand all the facts vital to the practice of medicine today. More than 550 brilliant full-color images make complex information easy to understand and illustrate the appearance of disease.
The smart way to study!
Elsevier titles with STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
- Offers readers a practical understanding of microbiology by focusing on why the biologic properties of organisms are important to disease.
- Examines etiology, epidemiology, host defenses, identification, diagnosis, prevention, and control for each microbe in consistently organized chapters.
- Emphasizes essential concepts and learning issues with summary tables and text boxes.
- Correlates basic science with clinical practice through review questions at the end of each chapter.
- Defines and explains new terms.
- Features expanded information on immunology and a new chapter on arthropods.
- Integrates extensive updates throughout the text, including the use of current nomenclature as well as new coverage of poxviruses, West Nile virus, coronaviruses, metapneumoviruses, agents of bioterrorism, and more.