This interactive workbook-style text highlights important concepts in the evaluation and treatment of voice and laryngeal disorders. It features 24 case studies for 11 disorders, plus audio samples to help students and entry-level clinicians become familiar with a broad spectrum of voice disorders, diagnostic report information, and treatment plans. It is an ideal review tool for those seeking certification.
- Five sections cover Case Studies, Evaluation, Treatment, Learning Opportunities and Unsolved Case Studies to build clinician knowledge and practical skills.
- Speech disorders across the life span are detailed through overviews, efficacy data to support therapy techniques, case studies and pre- and post-therapy audio samples.
- Case Studies teach students to analyze and describe disordered voices and engage in diagnostic and treatment plan processes.
- Accompanying CD contains 30 audio samples of voice disorders, solutions to Labs and Unsolved Case Studies, electronic copies of evaluation forms and other resources to be used in the clinical setting.
- Clinical forms and templates are included for use in assessing and treating various speech disorders.
- Pediatric and adult "unsolved" case studies require students to solve problems, develop treatment plans, and refine clinical writing skills via written summaries, recommendations and goals.
- Unsolved Case Studies encourage critical thinking, problem solving, assessment and clinical documentation skills essential for clinical practice.
- Addresses clinical competencies in voice, resonance, and alaryngeal speech as specified by ASHA Knowledge and Skills Acquisition (KASA) Summary Form for certification.
- Speech-Language Pathology PRAXIS exam topics are addressed to prepare students for the exam.