When it comes to learning 3-lead ECG interpretation, theres simply no faster or easier way to master basic rhythms than this unique book. Using a fun and easy-to-understand writing style, it uses humor, cartoons, and personal stories to walk you through the entire ECG process from finding a heartbeat, to monitoring an electrocardiogram, to interpreting the heart rhythm. A unique Flip and See section allows you to view normal ECGs on one side of the page and abnormal ECGs on the other, along with concise text that clearly explains the differences between them. In addition, youll find commonly asked questions and answers throughout the text.
- Thumb tabs and lay-flat spiral binding make it easy to use anywhere, and the small size fits easily into a lab coat pocket.
- Unique Flip and See section at the end of the book allows you to see each rhythm side-by-side with a normal ECG rhythm, and a written walkthrough explains the important differences between the rhythms.
- Conversational language and clear illustrations and cartoons make the information easily accessible and understandable as well as easy to remember and fun to learn.
- Includes Cohns Pocket Guide for ECG Interpretation, a plastic heart rate ruler thats useful for both students and practitioners as an aid in rhythm interpretation.
- Companion CD features 66 practice rhythm strips in PowerPoint format, plus coverage of pediatric and neonatal patients.
- Includes new treatment algorithms on the reverse side of Flip and See rhythm cards.
- New, easy-to-follow organization with raised tabs, so you can find information quickly.
- Updated to reflect the 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
- Expanded coverage of key topics such as normal rhythms and torsades de pointes.