Designed specifically to meet the unique needs of students studying to become rehabilitation professionals - including physical therapists, occupational therapists, and chiropractors - this full-color dissection guide helps you connect discoveries in the dissection lab with function and pathology. With the necessary technical information you need including content on applied anatomy, embryology, and structural histology in 25 laboratory exploration chapters, this unique guide uses case studies and critical thinking exercises to encourage you to explore human anatomy, synthesize your findings, and apply your knowledge to clinical practice.
- Extensive coverage of the musculoskeletal and nervous system emphasizes the information on muscles, vertebral column, and the upper and lower extremities that you need as a rehabilitation health professional.
- Clinical cases, thought-provoking questions, clinical notes, and review exercises encourage you to explore through dissection and apply what youve learned to real-life practice.
- Sections on embryology and histology provide important insights into the origin and nature of adult anatomy and follow the national guidelines for physical therapy anatomy curricula.
- References to the most popular human anatomy atlases Netters, Grays, Grants, and Clementes allow for flexibility of use in any program.
- Emphasis on variations in anatomy reinforces the real-life diversity among patients.
- Over 200 full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate anatomy and dissection processes.