If you're like most people in their twenties and thirties, you don't feel like you're in control of your financial life. But if you want to take full advantage of the best financial opportunities, it's important that you get started right away. Get a Financial Life shows you how to manage your money and make it grow. In it you will learn how to:
- Refinance your high-rate credit cards and student loans
- Start investing in the right mutual funds
- Find low-cost auto loans and mortgages
- Make the most of tax deductions you never knew existed
- Use tax-advantaged savings plans to build a serious nest egg
From 401(k)s to health insurance to stocks and bonds, this book focuses exclusively on what you really need to know at this stage in your financial life. Whether you earn $15,000 or $150,000, whether you're single or married, whether you're financially inclined or financially challenged, this book will let you manage your money with the smallest possible investment of time and effort.