Everything You Need to Know to Survive and Thrive as a New Elementary School Teacher This is the book that I wish had existed when I was training to become a new teacher and taking over my first classroom. There was SO much to learn! And so much conflicting advice... it drove me crazy to think that I couldn't find the most-critical information in one place.
Well, I've taken care of that for you! In Achieving Classroom Confidence, I explain:
- Things they will never tell you in college about the way the education system really works.
- How to act as a new teacher so children want to learn from you.
- The fundamentals of getting children to behave.
- The basics of setting up your room effectively without spending too much time or money.
- How to schedule, plan and deliver your lessons.
- And a thousand other details I wish someone had told me so I didn't have to learn them all the hard way!
And from my mistakes!
This is the book for first-time teachers starting new jobs and pre-service teachers who are just beginning their education journeys.
The new teacher phase is a time of intense learning - a critical time for laying a foundation that will ensure you thrive in this profession rather than burning out and leaving. I want you to stay, because you are desperately needed by children, but you have to know what you are getting yourself into.
In short, if you have made a commitment to becoming not just a teacher, but an awesome, life-changing teacher...
This the book for you.
Betsy Weigle ~ Classroom Caboodle
P.S. The book includes a link to a FREE resources pages on my website! Free downloads, videos and more, just for you.
Table of Contents
PART 1: Teaching Reality vs. Teaching Romance
- Teaching in the Education System
- What Makes a Good Teacher?
- Your First Classroom Experiences
- Taking Center Stage
- Creating Teacher/Student Relationships
- Managing Your Classroom
- All About Expectations
- All About Consequences
- Caring for Vulnerable Children
- Effectively Organizing Your Classroom
- Managing Student Desks
- All About Supplies
- Your Classroom Library
- Decorating Your Room
- Planning Lessons
- Creating Lessons
- Delivering Lessons
- Assessing and Reflecting
- Setting up Subs for Success
- Supercharging Your Experience
- Making School Connections
- Partnering with Parents
- Parents and Discipline
- Teacher Observations and Assessments
- Falling Down and Getting Up
- Your Adventure Begins