Correct diagnosis in dermatology depends largely on the identification and interpretation of clinical signs. OBSTETRIC AND GYNECOLOGIC DERMATOLOGY contains over 400 color illustrations and provides an essential pictorial guide to both common and uncommon skin disorders encountered in pregnancy and general gynecology. The text is comprehensively updated throughout, and now includes more summary information and tables giving implications for the pregnant patient, as well as additional basic dermatologic information, such as general introductions to treatment and rashes, to help make the book accessible for the non-dermatologist reader.
- Book is completely updated throughout, especially the crucial chapter on vulval viral disease, which is expanded to cover AIDS, Simplex virus, HSV and VSV.
- Treatment algorithms added to the book where relevant.
- A new appendix on diagnosis and therapeutics included, which covers use of dermatologic medications in pregnancy.
- A new chapter on infectious disease in pregnancy added.
- Expanded chapter on eczema in pregnancy.
- New appendix covering differential diagnosis of rash during pregnancy added.
- Boxes added throughout obstetric section which cover implications for the pregnant patient .
- More summary and learning points boxes added throughout the text.
- Key review articles now added to reference lists - these may be highlighted in some way.