The latest edition of this internationally popular textbook has been substantially updated and improved to keep it at the forefront of clinical microbiology. Its systems-based approach emphasizes the microbiology of the agents responsible for the diseases that affect individual areas of the body. Over 250 full-color diagrams clarify complicated conceptspaired with color clinical photographs that demonstrate the clinical relevance of the science.
- Pairs full-color diagrams with color clinical photographs to provide a rich understanding of the clinical relevance of the material.
- Provides key facts summary boxes as well as case-based review questions and answers to facilitate study.
- Features an exceptionally reader-friendly writing style that makes complex information easy to understand.
- Presents expanded discussions of parasitic microbes and immunology.
- Delivers state-of-the-art explanations of the diagnosis of infection antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy vaccination and immunotherapy and hospital infection.
- Offers new Microbiology Lesson boxes that highlight scientific discoveries and tell the history of major disease outbreaks.