Narratives in Social Science Researchintroduces students to the use of narrative methodology as a research tool. It offers arigorous framework for the application of these devices within qualitative research. The book provides:
- An historical overview of the development of the narrative approach within the social sciences
- A guide to how narrative methods can be applied in fieldwork
- An explanation of how to incorporate a narrative approach within a research project
- Guidelines for interpreting collected or produced narratives
- A student-focused approach - key arguments and methods are illustrated by case-studies and lists of further reading.