A bread machine makes it easier to prepare loaves from scratch, ensuring that the ingredients are gluten-free and first quality.
The bestselling gluten-free author team of Donna Washburn and Heather Butt provides this all-new bread machine book, which focuses on whole grain breads and doughs. Many who are intolerant to the gluten found in wheat, rye, barley and oats don't realize that a wide variety of whole grain gluten-free flours is available. These flours include quinoa, teff, rice, buckwheat, millet and cornmeal, and they are used in these creative and delicious recipes. The results are outstanding and the wheat or other flour typically used will never be missed.
Flavor and nutrition are the keys in all the recipes. Responding to extensive feedback from celiacs and the general public, there's also an egg-free chapter, as well as many nut-free and rice-free recipes. Since ease of baking is so important, there's a whole chapter devoted to nutritious mixes that can be prepared ahead of time. All are well organized for easy use and identification.
The recipes include desserts:
- Artisan Breads: Asiago Herb Pan Rolls, Bacon Cheddar Mini Loaves, Sourdough Teff Loaf
- Egg Free (EF): EF Banana Raisin Bread, EF Honey Walnut Bread, EF Rich Dinner Rolls
- Hearty Whole Grains: Black Quinoa Bread, Buttermilk Buckwheat Bread, Wild Rice Loaf
- Quick 'n' Easy Mixes: The Six Loaf Nut-Free Creamy Bread Mix is the starter to Nut-Free Dinner Rolls, Nut-Free Rosemary Bread Sticks and Nut-Free Orange Chocolate Chip Loaf
- Seeds, Nuts & Fruits: Apricot Almond Loaf, Poppy Thyme Loaf, Seedy Sandwich Loaf
- The Classics: Cornbread, Hot Cross Buns, Mock Rye Loaf, French Baguette, Challah
- Wraps, Flatbread & Filled Breads: Teff Pizza, Black Olive Goat Cheese Ciabatta, Panini Sandwich Loaf
The authors include a wealth of helpful hints and techniques for baking the perfect gluten-free loaf. The Gluten-Free Bread Machine Pantry provides information on all the ingredients needed to make that perfect loaf of healthy bread, for both the 1.5-lb and 2-lb machines.