Comprehensive and analytical, A History of the Arab-Israeli Conflict presents a balanced and impartial overview of this centuries-old struggle. The authors examine the issues and themes that have characterized and defined the conflict over the course of its history, bringing the coverage up to date with a twenty-first- century perspective. Fully revised throughout, this eighth edition contains:
- New and extensive coverage of the developments in the conflict since 2014
- Updated Suggested Readings and the incorporation of recent scholarship
- An additional selection of primary source documents
- New maps and illustrations
- A new companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/bickerton) containing additional supporting material.
Taking a clear and chronological approach to this complex subject, this book explores recent events in the Middle East in the context of their longer-term history. Illustrated throughout with numerous photographs, maps, tables, and chronologies for each chapter, together with extensive relevant and up-to-date documentary sources and a glossary of key terms, it is the ideal textbook for all students of the history of the modern Middle East.