When you purchase a new version of this casebook from the LIFT Program, you receive 1-year FREE digital access to the corresponding Examples & Explanations in your course area. Now available in an interactive study center, Examples & Explanations offer hypothetical questions complemented by detailed explanations that allow you to test your knowledge of the topics covered in class.
Starting July 1, 2017, if your new casebook purchase does not come with an access code on the inside cover of the book, please contact Wolters Kluwer customer service. The email address and phone number for customer service are on the copyright page, found within the first few pages, of your casebook.
The premier authority on relationships and transactions between creditors and debtors, Secured Credit: A Systems Approach is known for its cutting edge coverage, dynamic pedagogy and ease of use for instructors. Applying the Systems Approach, students learn how the law is applied in real life as they examine the code in the context of actual transactions. Compelling problems are introduced with straightforward explanations and cases, making the concepts easy to teach. A modular structure allows for tremendous flexibility in course design, and through its organization around assignment units, instructors can easily prepare work for their students. This problem-based casebook presents a thorough review of the intersection of secured transactions and bankruptcy and is accompanied by a comprehensive Teachers Manual.
The Seventh Edition:
With completely updated cases, statutes, and rules, the Seventh Edition presents the 2010 Amendments to Article 9. Improving on the hallmark flexibility in teaching, many assignments have been recast into two parts, allowing instructors to now assign one-and-a half units for 75-minute classes. Problems have been refreshed and revised, and the text has been thoroughly scrutinized for accuracy. An updated Teachers Manual accompanies this edition and will be matched with a revised, comprehensive set of PowerPoint presentations in the spring of 2012.
- Extraordinary authorshipwell known and respected authorities in the field
- Cutting-edge coverage
- The Systems Approach examines the code in the context of actual transactions
- Dynamic pedagogy
- Highly teachable problems
- Straightforward explanations and cases
- Great flexibility in course design through its modular structure
- Organized by assignment unitstakes effort out of preparing assignments
- Reviews intersection of secured transactions and bankruptcy
- Thorough Teachers Manual
- answers to all problems
- suggestions on tailoring sections to accommodate time constraints
The Seventh Edition:
- Covers 2010 Amendments to Article 9 ;
Division of many assignments for greater flexibility
- Instructors may now assign one-and-a- half units for 75-minute classes
- Refreshed and revised problems
- Updated cases, statutes, and rules
- A careful review for factual accuracy