When you purchase a new version of this casebook from the LIFT Program, you receive 1-year FREE digital access to the corresponding Examples & Explanations in your course area. Now available in an interactive study center, Examples & Explanations offer hypothetical questions complemented by detailed explanations that allow you to test your knowledge of the topics covered in class.
Starting July 1, 2017, if your new casebook purchase does not come with an access code on the inside cover of the book, please contact Wolters Kluwer customer service. The email address and phone number for customer service are on the copyright page, found within the first few pages, of your casebook.
The national reputation of the authors, their balance of practice and doctrine, and a highly teachable structure have all made Securities Regulation: Cases and Materials the best-selling text in the field. Applauded for excellent coverage of the 1934 and 1935 Acts, the text remains sophisticated yet not intimidating. Modular chapters adapt to a variety of teaching styles, giving the instructor flexibility in course design. Well-written, interesting problems expose students to theory as well as the practical issues that impact investors.
New to the Eighth Edition:
- The casebook fully integrates all the newly adopted exemptions such as Regulation A,Crowdfunding, and the newly enacted resale exemption Section 4(a)(7) along with problems developed to illustrate their operation
- Complete reworking of exemption chapter, including new material and problems on Regulation A+,Crowdfunding, and relaxation of solicitation restrictions for certain Rule 506 offerings
- Examines market developments such as Unicorns and the disappearance of listings in the U.S. and abroad
- Changes in underwriting processes with emphasis given to role of research reports in promoting public offerings
- Compete treatment of the Supreme Courts 2014 Halliburton decision, and the post-Halliburton developments on proving price distortion and pleading loss causation
- Thorough treatment of the Supreme CourtsOmnicaredecision on liability for statements of opinion
- Materials and problems on proxy regulation, particularly in the aftermath of the Walmart case under Rule14a-8
- Materials on insider tradingtipper-tippeeliability in the aftermath of Newman andSalman
- Contemporary problems facing hedge funds, investment advisers and mutual funds
- New material onpost-Morrisiondevelopments affecting extraterritorial application of securities laws
- New material and problems on real estate as securities including the Ninth Circuit'sSalamehdecision