Anyone looking for delicious food and wine, stunning landscapes and a warm welcome will find Germany wine country truly delightful. The tremendous diversity of its wines is a revelation to many visitors to Germany. This book offers many tips on where to enjoy the local cuisine with these delightful wines as well as meeting the winemakers, as it guides visitors on a journey through Germany's thirteen wine regions.
Germany's different regions have the largest hectarage of vines of any country in Europe. A Traveller's Wine Guide to Germany provides a basic introduction to German wine, from the vineyards to the cellars, with guidelines on what to expect when sampling it. It also take the wine tourist on a journey through remote areas that are infrequently visited in order to taste the best of German wines.
* Itineraries and maps
* Local gastronomic specialties
* Hundreds of visitor-friendly wineries
* Descriptions of local and regional wines
* Museums and sightseeing points
* Lists of wine festivals and exhibitions
* Restaurants, hotels and wine stores
* Reference section, websites and glossary