Most of us at one time have said, or thought, something like:
- So I procrastinate, it s not like it s hurting anyone!
- Enough about you, back to me.
- I deserve this, so I m treating myself!
- If I can t have it, she shouldn t either.
- I ll get around to it... or not.
- It s not really gossip if it s all true, right?
- (And the granddaddy of them all) But that doesn t make me a bad person!
Are these really sins, you ask? After all, they re not murder, theft, or violence. Don t they just mean we re human?
Writer, speaker, and blogger Elizabeth Scalia takes a look at thirteen of these little sins that, if left unexamined and unconfessed, can have a serious impact on our spiritual lives and relationship with Christ. Through her honest (and sometimes funny) examination of these same sins in her own life, as well as Church teaching on each one, she helps us ask ourselves the tough questions, and the tools to kick these bad habits before they kick us.