Harley Brown offers artists his truths for painting success--the stuff he hopes they teach in art school. A well-established artist, Brown has gained a large following with his frank, no-nonsense approach to teaching art. Twelve knock-out chapters include:
* What every artist should do first. Harley's own cheap and dirty way to start a painting
* Composition--who needs it? See why most paintings are boring. And why a few will knock your socks off.
* Working with color. Stay miles ahead of the person who skips this chapter!
* Going on from here. Your greatest obstacle isn't skill...it's attitude.
* Plus, 30 magic solutions to common problems, 15 things to leave out of a painting, 24 painting sins and much more!
Supplementing Brown's advice are more than 10 step-by-step painting demonstrations in oil and pastel. His unique offerings are sure to enlighten and entertain painters of all skill levels and backgrounds.